Photos FeatureiPhone Photos App Feature Proposal
Find your photos easily, sort them based on your needs
With the camera and album function easily accessible on smartphones, people are snapping away pictures more than ever. As a result, people find it hard to organize and look for specific photos in Photos app. This case study examines ways to improve photo searching experience and to declutter users’ photo album.
How do people use Photos app?
Memories Look back through memories when they have time
Look for specific photos to remind themselves of that time
Note to selfFor work
Screenshots to remember things to do
What do users like/dislike?
- Makes sharing easier
- Select photos in the Photos app, and send right away without limits.
Media Types & Favorites Button
- Organizing work is already done for users (Separated into Videos, Screenshots, Selfies)
- Easy for users to re-access the specific photo
- Function of personal Photo Album
- Emotional value
OrganizingHard to organize pictures by Album
- Takes too long
- Not intuitive
- Ends up just using Favorite button
Searching Hard to look for specific photos
- Takes multiple of the same image, but don’t go back in to delete unnecessary pictures.
- Always end up in “All Photos”, but All Photos has everything (e.g. memories, work related photos, notes, etc) so it’s hard to search for pictures
How can I help users to minimize time scrolling through pictures?
- Users like passive organizing interaction with Photos
- Improving the album sorting experience
- Users take multiple of similar pictures